How To Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 12002
For help and assistance to install and activate McAfee, or to fix McAfee error 12002, please visit www.mcafee.com/activate
McAfee Error 12002
McAfee keeps your PC far away from malware infection and viruses. You might face a common installation error 12002 while installing McAfee product. When this error appears, it crashes the active program window of PC. Your PC will crash frequently which is not healthy for your computer system. Your PC might freeze at time because of this error. It needs to be fixed as soon as possible. How to fix it? Do you need technical Help? We have covered it all for you in this article.
Causes of Error 12002
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of McAfee Antivirus software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent McAfee Antivirus-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or McAfee Antivirus-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted McAfee Antivirus-related files.
Procedure to Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 12002
- Firstly, repairs the Windows registry entries which are associated with the error 12002.
- Then, Perform a complete Malware scan of your device.
- Now, All the junk files in the computer need to be cleaned up which includes temporary files.
- After that, Use the “Disk Cleanup” to perform the action.
- Then, Update or install the drivers on your device.
- Now, Undo all of the changes that made in the system by using Windows System Restore options.
- Remove all the components of McAfee antivirus through MCPR tool after the successful uninstallation of the software.
- Outline any of the missing components of McAfee antivirus with Windows System file checker.
- Then, click on the (“sfc /scan now”)option to scan the Windows.
- All available Windows Updates then make sure that you installed on the system
- Then, Reinstall the McAfee antivirus latest version on your device.